The first pilot model will be implemented in collaboration with a number of Multinational companies who expressed their willingness to engage SMEs in their supply chain provided they comply to their requirements.
The basic steps of this pilot project are :
1. Identify the supply chain requirements of large corporates
2. Analyze the supply chain requirements and identify the parts of the supply chain where SMEs can be integrated in light of the large corporates compliance requirements
3. Prepare a list of local SMEs that can be integrated into these identified supply chains.
4. Screen and select the eligible SMEs
5. When needed conduct a series of training and coaching session to enhance the capacity of the selected SMEs and upgrade their products to meet the requirements of the big corporates
6. Conduct a matchmaking event at GAFI with all the identified SMEs to meet the supply/procurement officers to further explore potential future cooperation.